I have written this mainly as a piece of information, for bike lovers. Although we have been exposed to the 2008 Hayabusa, little is known about the 2011 Hayabusa. So, this is mainly for those hardcore enthusiasts of the Hayabusa. It is quite a long piece, but it is worth a read
So, read on.
With performance credentials that have established it as the hottest sportbike on the planet, the Suzuki Hayabusa is designed for the serious sport rider who will settle for nothing less than the best. Its combination of unsurpassed power, crisp handling and superb aerodynamics creates the ultimate sportbike. You could say that the 2011 Hayabusa is so intense, that it’s in a class of its own.
The Suzuki GSX 1300R, also known as the Hayabusa, is a hypersport motorcycle, which was introduced in 1999. The name Hayabusa is the Japanese term for the Peregrine Falcon, known for its speed, and perhaps a joke at the expense of the Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird which was the fastest production motorcycle prior to the Hayabusa The Peregrine Falcon is a predator of the common blackbird. Its extreme performance capability has also dubbed the bike as a “high abuser” of legal speed limits.
Afterwards, certain bikes were out to dare the Hayabusa top speed for a production motorcycle, including the BMW K1200S, the Kawasaki ZX-12R and the new ZX-14. And in the 2008 model, Suzuki decided that they’ll not only revamp the super-bike, but will boost the size of the engine from 1299cc to 1340cc.
And to think that I used to be satisfied with a 350 cc model !
Suzuki brought out the new 2008 Suzuki Hayabusa and there is more displacement, 1340cc versus the old 1299cc. Like the B-King, the rider can choose between engine settings, but the Hayabusa rider has a choice of three instead of the B-King's two, there's probably something labeled "light speed" on the Hayabusa.
Full features and specifications from Suzuki press release follow:
• The 2011 Hayabusa is equipped with a 1340cc, in-line, DOHC liquid-cooled engine with 16-valves, and Twin Swirl Combustion Chambers (TSCC).
• Lightweight aluminum alloy pistons with a compression ratio of 12.5:1 are used for maximum performance in all conditions. Hard, smooth chrome-nitride Physical Vapor Deposition (PVD) coating on the upper compression and oil control rings on each piston reduces friction while improving cylinder sealing.
• Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM) cylinder plating improves heat transfer, durability and ring seal.
• Lightweight titanium valves allow the use of light valve springs and high lift while maintaining accurate valve control. Iridium spark plugs are used for high combustion efficiency.
• The Hayabusa's engine is fed via Suzuki's SDTV (Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve) fuel injection system with dual 12-hole, fine-spray injectors per cylinder and ram air intake with large volume airbox.
• S-DMS (Suzuki Drive Mode Selector) allows the rider to choose from three different engine settings depending on riding conditions or rider preferences.
The Hayabusa comes with a large volume 4-2-1-2 exhaust system with a large capacity catalyzer, dual triangular canisters and closed loop system.
A high efficiency curved radiator features dual electric fans controlled by the ECM for increased cooling capacity. The oil cooler has 10 rows cores for increased heat dissipation.
The Hayabusa comes with an optimized 6-speed transmission. Oil spray to the 4th, 5th and 6th gears reduce wear and mechanical noise during highway cruising. Suzuki Clutch Assist System (SCAS) serves as back-torque-limiting system for smooth downshifts and also contributes to a light clutch pull.
A lightweight and rigid twin-spar aluminum frame minimizes weight while maintaining high torsional strength.
The Hayabusa has been outfitted with a fully adjustable inverted front fork featuring DLC (Diamond-Like Coating) coated inner tubes. The front suspension offers minimal friction resistance and provides outstanding suspension performance over a variety of riding conditions.A bridged aluminum alloy swingarm features a cross-sectional shape for increased rigidity, which also helps cope with improved rear tire grip and increased engine output. The Hayabusa's fully adjustable rear shock absorber has a 43mm piston and 14mm rod diameter.
Radial-mount front brake calipers offer maximum braking performance and allows for smaller 310mm front brake rotors resulting in reduced unsprung weight and improved handling.
A lightweight single piston rear brake caliper works in conjunction with a 260mm rear brake disc.3-spoke cast-aluminum-alloy wheels are shod with 120/70ZR17M/C (58W) front and 190/50ZR17M/C (73W) rear radial tires.
Vertically stacked twin headlights provide increased light intensity, improved light distribution and match the elegant flow of the Hayabusa styling.
The Hayabusa's instrument cluster features four analog meters for speedometer, tachometer, fuel gauge and water temperature with a S-DMS mode indicator, gear position indicator and adjustable engine-rpm indicator.
Advanced aerodynamics offering superb wind protection both for normal and completely tucked-in seating positions.The Hayabusa comes with a bright, durable LED taillight, with clear inner lens and red outer lens.
• Overall Length 2190 mm (86.2 in)
• Overall Width 735 mm (28.9 in)
• Wheelbase 1480 mm (58.3 in)
• Ground Clearance 120 mm (4.7 in)
• Seat Height 805 mm (31.7 in)
• Curb Weight 260 kg (573 lbs)
• Transmission 6-speed constant mesh
• Final Drive Chain, RK GB50GSV Z4, 114 links
• Suspension Front Inverted telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
• Suspension Rear Link type, coil spring, oil damped
• Brakes Front Disc brake, twin
• Brakes Rear Disc brake
• Tires Front 120/70ZR17 M/C (58W), tubeless
• Tires Rear 190/50ZR17 M/C (73W), tubeless
• Fuel Tank Capacity 21.0 L (5.5 US gallons)
• Fuel Tank Capacity CA 20.0 L (5.3 US gallons)
• Displacement 1340cc, 4-stroke, Liquid-cooled, 4-cylinder, DOHC
• Fuel System Suzuki fuel injection
• Starter Electric
• Ignition: Electronic ignition (transistorized)
• Warranty: 12 month unlimited mileage limited warranty.
MSRP (Maximum Retail Sales Price) : Coming Soon
Whew….. Watch out for the 2011 Hayabusa.